Friday, January 18, 2013

Introduction

www.dalehallphotography.com





I will be using my “Blog” as a way to communicate information to my clients. I get many of the same questions day in and day out. Hopefully you will find this useful. Also, I would like to generate a forum for discussion.

I am a Commercial Photographer and have been in the field of Photography since 1977, when I started College. After graduation I held the position of Photographic Assistant and Darkroom production for a Portrait Photographer. This studio averaged 50 weddings, 500 seniors and I couldn’t tell you how many Families, Babies and Pets we shot each year. I decided early on this was not for me. I then Managed a Professional Photo Lab in Florida. While working in Florida I met a Photographer whose specialty was Architectural Photography, I had found my calling and started working as his Photographic Assistant. We shot for Architectural Digest, Southern Living, Interior Design Magazine, Midwest homes, had an office in the World Trade Center in New York. Big time stuff, I learned a ton about shooting on Location, Traveling with equipment and Managing our time.

I started my Commercial Photography Business in Madison Wisconsin in 1987. Specializing in Architectural, Industrial and Catalog Photography. In those days I worked behind a 4x5 View Camera and still do on occasion. Spending time loading sheet film, unloading sheet film and making multiple trips to the Professional Lab for processing, proofs and prints.

I made the jump to Digital Photography in 2004; this was a big change from working with my 4x5. Digital made me much more portable, working without the humidity and dust concerns of film was a welcome relief. The biggest challenge for me was the Workflow at the Photo Shoot on Location and back in my studio dealing with the Computer aspects of working with the digital images. I reduced my shooting time on Location in half but doubled my time in post-production. Lighting and Composition are, and have always been, my forte. The capture device has changed, the workflow has changed, but what hasn’t changed is the ability to produce beautiful Photographs on Location that sell a product for my customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment